Friday, April 30, 2010

My Poem

This is one of the poems I wrote, I just wanted to share it with you and get your comments, hopefully you like it!
TEARS
Tears pour down my face,
I bury my face in my pillow
To hide the sound of my sobs,
My heart is broken,
Torn,
Hurt.
I hate myself for this weakness
I feel,
For crying.
I scream at God,
Who I can't see,
At God,
Who was suppose to help me.
Tears tear through my eyes,
Staining your shirtwith their wetness,
You hold me tight,
Tell me its all gonna be ok,
But I don't believe you.
You tell me that God is there,
Even though I can't see Him,
He sent you.
I look up,
You smile.
I smile,
You dry my eyes,
It's all gonna be ok,
I believe you.
-Andi
I wrote this in high school after some really awful things happened. My dad was there the entire time, comforting me and reassuring me that everything was fine. At first I didn't believe him because it didn't seem that anything was ever going to be fine again. Eventually it turned out he was right. Of course! This poem is a little tribute to him. Thanks, Dad for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment